YOU SERVE YOUR COMMUNITIES. WE SERVE YOU.
America depends on the essential services you provide, and your services depend on safe, reliable communication networks for delivery, monitoring, and distribution automation. You can depend on us to deliver the latest technology with the best service and support.
Tilson has over 550 employees, a fleet of 160 vehicles, and deploys thousands of miles of fiber and tens of thousands of wireless nodes each year. Tilson melds network design, engineering, construction, and easement procurement with a deep bench of consulting expertise for envisioning your next network build or utility broadband project. Tilson is backed by SDC Capital Partners, a global digital infrastructure private equity investor.
At Tilson, safety is our #1 value and our teams commit to the highest level of safety through a rigorous regime of training, auditing, and reporting. Our COVID-19 protocols are science-based, regularly updated, and rigorously enforced.
to discuss your utility's specific needs.
Utility Network Services
Our experience with wireless networking and with fiber and right-of-way construction gives us the perfect combination of experience to design, implement, and maintain advanced utility infrastructure for grid modernization and advanced metering applications:
- Utility and critical infrastructure network design-build, engineering, and maintenance for operational technology.
- AMI and distribution automation planning, delivery, installation, integration, and maintenance.
- Smart lighting and smart city/connected communities consulting, planning, engineering, and integration.
- Cellular integration.
- Demand limitation and response.
Utility Consulting and Communications Network Development
Our team of experts provide critical insight for utilities looking to expand their services, leverage federal funding, or support key strategic decisions:
- Consulting on utility telecom infrastructure planning, broadband deployment, public benefits, business and rate cases, and asset commercialization.
- Network deployment construction including FTTx, small cell wireless, tower, and in-building.
- Expert testimony on utility issues before utility commissions and legislative bodies.
- Community and stakeholder outreach and education.
- Expertise and education on federal and state funding opportunities.
- Utility rate case support.
Utility Broadband Consulting and Deployment
Reliable, affordable broadband connectivity has proven vital to the health, safety, and quality of life in the modern community, during good times and bad. Tilson supports utility broadband planning and partners with public and private sector leaders to plan, design, engineer, build, and maintain viable and cost-effective broadband networks and maximize the value your organization derives from its network investment.
- Broadband feasibility work and business case analysis.
- Consulting on telecom infrastructure planning, public benefits, business and rate cases, and asset commercialization.
- Utility broadband partnerships with internet service providers, infrastructure companies, and government entities.
- Compliance and regulatory advisory.
24/7 Smart Infrastructure Network Operations Center (NOC)
Our team of in-house network engineers, OSP engineers, and business process specialists work closely with customers to develop customized monitoring, remote management, alerts, and restoration services that fit your operational needs and budget to ensure uninterrupted services.
- Network and server monitoring to allow for performance optimization and advance troubleshooting.
- Preventative maintenance to help implement routines and quickly dispatch technicians when necessary.
- Location tracking for personnel, current workload, job priorities, equipment, and materials, enabling a timely response to customers’ maintenance needs and ensuring minimal system downtime and cost.
- Comprehensive reporting and analytics.
- Around the clock support from our team with 24/7 dispatching and monitoring services, allowing our highly-skilled technicians to provide emergency maintenance response in a matter of hours.