PORTLAND, ME (January 3, 2013) Tilson Government Services, LLC (Tilson) is pleased to announce the completion of the Veterans Administration Center for Veteran Enterprise verification process as a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business Concern (SDVOSBC). The Veterans Administration has recently implemented a stringent verification process to ensure that businesses representing as SDVOSBC’s are in fact controlled by the veteran, and meet a long list of compliance requirements. The Veterans Administration’s verification is the gold standard in the federal government for certification as a SDVOSBC.
Benefits of being a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) include:
- Exclusive access to Federal Government “set aside” contracts that are only available to SDVOSB companies
- Company listing in the Vendor Information Pages (VIP) database that Federal procurement officials use when searching for vendors and suppliers
- Increased attractiveness to large federal prime contractors (SDVOSB’s frequently serve as subcontractors to help prime contractors meet federally-mandated small business utilization goals)
- Increased attractiveness in the commercial marketplace (large corporations frequently possess supplier diversity programs that are designed to help them meet government-mandated small business utilization goals)
Contact: Joshua Broder at email@example.com or (207) 591-6427.
About the Veterans Administration: The mission of the Veterans Administration is to care for America’s veterans. Veteran Administrations Vendor Information Pages (VIP): https://www.vip.vetbiz.gov/
About the General Services Administration: The mission of GSA is to deliver the best value in real estate, acquisition, and technology services to government and the American people. GSA Advantage!® website: www.gsaadvantage.gov
About Tilson: Tilson is a high growth (#901 on the Inc. 5000), team of telecom and information technology professionals with a world-wide practice. Tilson provides services to industry and government in:
- Information technology, including software development, project management, and information security
- Fiber optic engineering, permitting, and construction management
- Wireless site acquisition, construction management, and DAS for mobile carriers, public safety, and smart grid applications