Islesboro, Maine. July 1, 2014. Tilson consultants provided broadband planning and vendor selection services to the Town of Islesboro in its efforts to improve broadband quality and speed on the island. The Town is currently seeking input from the service provider community on potential solutions that could help guide the community in make decisions on their broadband objectives. These goals include:
- 100% broadband availability to all homes and businesses
- 10 mbps symmetrical service available for purchase and a provider plan for maintaining services that meets or exceeds offerings found in the mainland communities of Camden, Lincolnville, and Rockport.
- Service availability and support equivalent to that provided by the island transmission and distribution utility Central Maine Power (CMP)
The RFI documentation can be found here.
Tilson is a 94 employee team of telecom and information technology professionals with a world-wide practice and offices in Portland, ME, Pittsburgh, PA, Foley, AL and Greenwood Village CO. Tilson provides services to industry and government in:
- Information technology, including software development, project management, and information security
- Fiber optic engineering, permitting, and construction management
- Wireless site acquisition, construction, small cell, and DAS for mobile carriers, public safety, and smart grid applications
- Technology capital project turn-around