Tilson offers a range of telecom and IT services to power utilities implementing and maintaining smarter generation, transmission and distribution facilities.
Consulting, planning and design- With a broad spectrum of wired and wireless telecommunications systems and countless manufacturers from which to choose, Tilson helps operators select, design, implement and integrate the transport technology that best meets their specific needs. Being independent of OEM vendors, we pride ourselves on working directly for operators to help deploy systems on time and within budget.
Installation and maintenance- In addition to our consulting and design services, Tilson provides tactical execution for power utilities in the field- doing field engineering, climbing towers, installing cabinets and equipment, maintaining facilities, and resolving RF interference. Tilson has field staff for installation and maintenance based in Augusta, Maine, Syracuse, New York, and Foley, Alabama
Software development and IT- Tilson helps grid operators integrate smart grid systems with their legacy systems, develop custom system integration, and provides IT project management. Tilson can also help operators implementing new systems with data conversions, report writing and database administration. Finally, Tilson can help operators plan for smart grid network operations, standing up and staffing a NOC, and writing technical manuals and procedures.
- Consulting and vendor selection
- RF design, engineering, and interference remediation
- Site acquisition and permitting
- Wireless construction
- Fiber design, engineering, pole and conduit licensing, make-ready and construction management
- Technical implementation
- Network troubleshooting and maintenance
- Distribution automation, including substations and reclosers
- Substation connectivity
- Cellular integration
- Demand limitation and response
- Voltage sensing
- Fiber and wireless to the generator
- Revenue generation from leveraging operator facilities with capacity (towers, raw land, pole lines, and dark fiber strands)
- Green button and customer web portal