Tilson was recently approved as a participant in National Association of Tower Erectors (NATE) STAR Initiative. STAR stands for Safety Training Accountability and Reliability. Tilson has made a commitment to the highest levels of tower safety by agreeing to participate in a rigorous regime of training, auditing, and reporting on safety and quality.
The NATE STAR program requires that contractors:
- provides specific training and certifications to tower climbers and managers in the field.
- implement a Safety and Health and Accident Prevention Program
- ensure that there will be a competent person for health and safety on all job sites at all times
- conduct and submit site safety audits for 10% of projects
- deploy and abide by various NATE mandated standards, checklists, and reports
Tilson CEO Joshua Broder noted that, "A structured, auditable, and transparent safety program is the foundation our tower business is based on."
About NATE STAR: http://natehome.com/safety-education/nate-star-initiative/
About Tilson: Tilson is a high growth (three years on the inc. 5000), 100-employee team of telecom and information technology professionals with a world-wide practice. Tilson provides services to industry and government in:
- Wireless site acquisition, construction, infrastructure maintenance, program management, staff augmentation, colocation and DAS for mobile carriers, government, and smart grid applications
- Information technology, including software development, project management, and information security
- Fiber optic engineering, permitting, and construction management