Type: Full-time hourly
Wage: $22 - $26 per hour, depending on experience
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Portland, ME, serving New England, New York and Florida markets
Tilson, headquartered in Portland, ME is a high growth (#901 on the inc. 5000), team of telecom and information technology professionals with a world-wide practice. Tilson provides services to industry and government in:
- Information technology, including software development, project management, and information security
- Fiber optic engineering, permitting, and construction management
- Wireless site acquisition, construction, and DAS for mobile carriers, public safety, and smart grid applications
- Responsible for construction of cellular tower sites
- Responsible for all activities related to directing a 3 – 4 person tower crew
- Will complete scopes of work assigned while ensuring safety, quality, timelines and financial expectations are met for commercial deployment of services.
- Work items include
- Installation of antennas
- Antenna mounts, microwaves, coax lines, TMA's, RF jumpers, remote electrical down-tilts / Bias-T's, remote radio heads
- Fiber/DC Hybrid cables
- Sweep and PIM testing
- Site audits and maintenance type items
- Responsible for field-level vehicle maintenance
- Works to ensure crew logistics in field operations are efficient
- Minimum of 5 or more years’ experience perform similar work for telecommunications clients
- Excellent safety record
- Able to climb and perform complex tasks at heights up to 300 feet
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to work in varying weather conditions, especially in the North East region
- May be subject to criminal background and drug screening, including random drug testing are a must
- Certifications with Ericsson, Alcatel-Lucent, CommTraining, sweep and testing certifications are all a plus
This is a full-time hourly position based in Portland, Maine, with frequent travel to client markets in the North East.
Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
Our mission is to serve our customers by building and transforming the information technology and communications infrastructure that enables great organizations to be creative, innovate, and deliver. Our vision is for Tilson to be a world leader in developing information and communications technology projects by building a team of phenomenal people working together on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients serving the public good. Our team environment will be a place where intellectually curious, motivated, and talented people can work with purpose, mastery, and autonomy. We will strive to listen to our clients, integrate with them as a team, and internalize their goals.
We run our business sustainably, for its financial health, people and the public good.
We believe in:
- Integrity - in our financials, contracting, marketing, customer service, and compliance
- Quality - being committed to doing good work
- Sharing our success across the company
- Respect - for our employees, clients, and partners
- Awareness and concern for our employee’s personal success
- Transparency - in our internal reporting, customer service, and HR practices
- Having fun
We're committed to offering our employees opportunities to work on challenging projects and to grow professionally.
A recent article in the Bangor Daily News highlighted our efforts to encourage and enable our employees to create schedules that not only enable their professional success, but that enable them to lead fulfilling lives outside of the office as well.
Many of Tilson’s employees work at our headquarters in downtown Portland, Maine, and this position is based at this location. Hear from Tilson President Joshua Broder about what it's like to live and work in Portland. Tilson also has employees in several other states, and with all of its IT in the cloud, enables team members to work from anywhere.
Principals only. Recruiters should not contact Tilson.
No phone calls please. Candidates should forward a copy of your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not all applicants will be contacted.
Tilson is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer
Tilson provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. Tilson does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, or any other condition of employment.